MD0630T01A is a high sensititivity AC DC leakage current sensor for electric vehice charging station, which can also be called residual current sensor, residual current monitor (RCM), residual current device(RCD), differential current sensor, leakage current detector, fault current sensor etc. MD0630T01A RCD is intended to detect dangerous residual currents and thereby mitigate the risk of electric shock or fire. In the case of EV charging, there is a risk of AC and DC residual currents, and it is vitally important that the RCD can be used to detect AC and DC residual currents. It will protect against DC (6mA) and AC (30mA) residual currents, and will signal to the Smart EVSE, if a fault occurs.
Typically type A residual current circuit breakers (RCCBs) are installed in private households. However, these RCCBs are to identify and deactivate DC fault currents. In order to charge an electric vehicle (EV) from a home power supply, a costly type B RCD would be required to guarantee safety in the event of a DC fault current. By using the MD series leakage sensor in an IC-CPD or a wall box, the requirements for electrical safety and all-current fault detection can be fulfilled.
MD0630T41A RCD/RCM monitor can activate output alarm signal in the event of hazardous electrical faults. As the residual currents to be monitored only occur in the event of electrical faults and are extremely low (mA), maximum measurement precision is critical. MD series Type B RCD/RCM is an ideal protection device against different leakage currents in applications of elevators, PV inverters, medical equipment, UPS devices, charging facilities and etc. It is the technology that brings us closest to protection for all known residual fault currents. In addition, our delivery time is also guaranteed.
1. Complies with the DC and AC protection requirements of IEC62752 or IEC62955
2. Small Size, Integration Design, Vertical(Pin, Pin&Cable Type)/Horizontal(Cable Type) Mounting Optional
3. Integrated self-monitoring and test functions; 3000A surge withstand capability
4. AC DC Leakage Data Readable; Alarm Value Programmable; 3 Way Alarm Outputs; Digital Output
5. URAT Comm, with Modbus Protocol; Standard: EN 61000-6-3:2007+A1 ,EN IEC 61000-6-1:2019
6. Professional Certification: TUV(IEC 62955/IEC 62752/IEC 61851-1); UL 2231-1/UL 2231-2; IS17017; CE-EMC
7. Type B RCD/RCMU for EV Charger Protection; Electrical Safety at Low Cost (Compared to Type B RCCB)
8. Robust Mechanical and Electrical Design for Harsh Environmental Conditions
Wide voltage input: 12V±20%
Measuring current range: DC current 2-15mA; AC current 3-100mA (default threshold: DC 6mA, AC 30mA)
Accuracy : at 25℃, DC±0,2mA, AC±0.3mA
Can read current value and set alarm current value
Three outputs: DC alarm, AC alarm, AC/DC alarm
Working environment temperature: -25℃～+80℃
Plastic case, small SIP package
EV Charging Application
Within an electrical vehicle, the AC/DC conversion process ensures that charging of the electrical vehicle occurs within the confines of the electrical vehicle itself. Electrical vehicle manufacturers state that, in the case of a 3-phase charger, DC current leakage can occur. The same phenomenon is replicated in the case of a single-phase charger with boost stage.
The electrical vehicle cannot be fully isolated and therefore a proper protection against DC residual current is needed in the system. The protection can be accomplished either with a 6mA detection device (Residual direct current detecting device, RDC-DD) inside the charger or with a Type B RCD either inside the panel board or inside the charger itself.