IVY offers MD0630T01A for monitoring and/or providing shock protection and fault protection on AC and DC installations and for EV charging applications. MD0630T01A is a RCD sensor specifically developed for EV-charging providing all-current sensitivity. The sensor can issues alarm signal in case of hazardous electrical faults (DC and AC). It has the characteristics of accurate measurement, small size and integration. The RCD sensor can be set separately for AC and DC leakage and has a digital output function. Which can also be called leakage current sensor, residual current monitor (RCM), residual current device (RCD), differential current sensor, leakage current detector and fault current sensor etc. The MD0630T01A can monitor DC (6mA) and AC (30mA) residual currents, it is connected in series with the AC supply to an EV and will provide a signal output if a DC current ≥ 6mA DC flows in the circuit.
This product is fully compliant with TUV/CE-EMC
The MD0630T01A is a residual current monitor intended for the detection of DC and AC residual currents in 50Hz/60Hz AC installations.
The MD0630T01A is primarily intended for use in Mode 2 Electric Vehicle In-Cable Control and Protection Devices (IC-CPDs) and Mode 3 Wallbox Charger, to disconnect the supply to the Electric Vehicle under an AC or DC residual current fault condition.
The MD0630T01A may also be used to detect DC or AC residual currents in DC, single phase or multiphase installations.
The MD0630T01A is a compact solution designed to be mounted directly onto a PCB.
1. Complies with the DC and AC protection requirements of IEC62752 or IEC62955
2. Small Size; Integration Design; Vertical(Pin, Pin&Cable Type)/Horizontal(Cable Type) Mounting Optional
3. Integrated self-monitoring and test functions; Fault Signal Digital Output
4. AC DC Leakage Data Readable; Alarm Value Programmable; 3 Way Alarm Outputs
5. UART Comm and Modbus Protocol; Standard: EN 61000-6-3:2007+A1, EN IEC 61000-6-1:2019
6. Certification: TUV(IEC62955/IEC62752/IEC61851-1/IEC62196); UL2231-1/UL2231-2; IS17017; CE-EMC
7. EV Charger B Type RCD Protection; Electrical Safety at Low Cost (Compared to Type B RCCB)
8. Robust Mechanical and Electrical Design for Harsh Environmental Conditions
Wide voltage input: 12V±20%
Measuring current range: DC current 2-15mA; AC current 3-100mA (default threshold: DC 6mA, AC 30mA)
Accuracy : at 25℃, DC±0,2mA, AC±0.3mA
Can read current value and set alarm current value
Three outputs: DC alarm, AC alarm, AC/DC alarm
Working environment temperature: -25℃～+80℃
Plastic case, small SIP package
EV Charging Modes and Detection Requirements