MD0630T41A is a high sensititivity AC DC leakage current sensor for electric vehice charging station, which can also be called residual current sensor, residual current monitor (RCM), residual current device (RCD), differential current sensor, leakage current detector, fault current sensor etc. It has the characteristics of high sensitivity, correct measurement, small size and compact/integration design. The residual current monitor can be set separately for AC and DC leakage. When leakage current is detected, an alarm signal is generated, and the switch control signal is output at the same time. This residual current monitor will detect DC and AC residual currents in 50Hz/60Hz AC installations according to IEC62955. It's primarily intended for use in Electric Vehicle charging stations to disconnect the supply to the Electric Vehicle under a DC residual fault current condition. It will protect against DC (6mA) and AC (30mA) residual currents, and will signal to the Smart EVSE if a fault occurs.
MD series residual current sensor (RCD/RCM) is an ideal protection device, for the detection and protection of different leakage currents/residual currents/fault currents. The RCD could quickly output alarm signal when people get an electric shock or leakage current exceeds stipulated value, protecting personal and electrical equipment safety.
AS a Type B RCD, MD series leakage sensor have numerous applications and are suitable for many industries including electric vehicle charging, photovoltaic systems (solar panels), industrial device, medical device, new energy, DC screen, fire distribution cabinet, IOT field and any installation where there is a risk of DC current flowing. It is the technology that brings us closest to total protection for all known residual fault currents.
1. Fixed 6mA DC and 30mA AC trip levels; 3000A surge withstand capability; "Fault” output – Open collector
2. Small Size, Integration Design, Vertical(Pin, Pin&Cable Type)/Horizontal(Cable Type) Mounting Optional
3. Integrated self-monitoring and test functions, Digital Output, Residual Fault Leakage Current Protection
4. AC DC Leakage Data Readable; Alarm Value Programmable; 3 Way Alarm Outputs
5. URAT Comm, with Modbus Protocol; Standard: EN 61000-6-3:2007+A1 ,EN IEC 61000-6-1:2019
6. Professional Certification: TUV(IEC 62955/IEC 62752/IEC 61851-1); UL 2231-1/UL 2231-2; CE-EMC
7. Used in EV Charger Project (Suitable for single phase loads rated up to 80A, or three phase loads rated up to 3*32A)
Wide voltage input: 12V±20%
Measuring current range: DC current 2-15mA; AC current 3-100mA (default threshold: DC 6mA, AC 30mA)
Accuracy: at 25℃, DC±0,2mA, AC±0.3mA
Can read current value and set alarm current value
Three outputs: DC alarm, AC alarm, AC/DC alarm
Working environment temperature: -25℃～+80℃
Plastic case, small SIP package
EV Charging Application