IVY offers MD0630T01A for monitoring and/or providing shock protection and fault protection on AC and DC installations and for EV charging applications. MD0630T01A is a RCD sensor specifically developed for EV-charging providing all-current sensitivity. The sensor can issues an alarm signal in case of hazardous electrical faults (DC and AC). It has the characteristics of accurate measurement, small size and integration. The RCD sensor can be set separately for AC and DC leakage and has a digital output function. MD0630T01A is an automotive grade leakage current sensor from IVY also called residual current monitoring (RCM), residual current detection (RCD), differential current sensor, zero phase ct and fault current sensor. Type A, B and B+, dedicated to detect to DC, AC and DC+AC leakage current measurement. The MD0630T01A can monitor DC (6mA) and AC (30mA) residual currents, it is connected in series with the AC supply to an EV and will provide a signal output if a DC current ≥ 6mA DC flows in the circuit. In addition, our delivery time is also guaranteed.
This product is fully compliant with TUV/CE-EMC
The MD0630T01A is a residual current monitor intended for the detection of DC and AC residual currents in 50Hz/60Hz AC installations.
The MD0630T01A is primarily intended for use in Mode 2 Electric Vehicle In-Cable Control and Protection Devices (IC-CPDs) and Mode 3 Wallbox Charger, to disconnect the supply to the Electric Vehicle under an AC or DC residual current fault condition.
The MD0630T01A may also be used to detect DC or AC residual currents in DC, single phase or multiphase installations.
The MD0630T01A is a compact solution designed to be mounted directly onto a PCB.
1. Complies with the DC and AC protection requirements of IEC62752 or IEC62955
2. Small Size, Integration Design, Vertical(Pin, Pin&Cable Type)/Horizontal(Cable Type) Mounting Optional
3. Integrated self-monitoring and test functions; 3000A surge withstand capability
4. AC DC Leakage Data Readable; Alarm Value Programmable; 3 Way Alarm Outputs; Digital Output
5. URAT Comm, with Modbus Protocol; Standard: EN 61000-6-3:2007+A1 ,EN IEC 61000-6-1:2019
6. Professional Certification: TUV(IEC62955/IEC62752/IEC61851-1); UL 2231-1/UL 2231-2; IS17017, CE-EMC
7. Type B RCMU for EV Charger Protection; Electrical Safety at Low Cost (Compared to Type B RCCB)
8. Robust Mechanical and Electrical Design for Harsh Environmental Conditions
Wide voltage input: 12V±20%
Measuring current range: DC current 2-15mA; AC current 3-100mA (default threshold: DC 6mA, AC 30mA)
Accuracy : at 25℃, DC±0,2mA, AC±0.3mA
Can read current value and set alarm current value
Three outputs: DC alarm, AC alarm, AC/DC alarm
Working environment temperature: -25℃～+80℃
Plastic case, small SIP package
EV Charging Application
Within an electrical vehicle, the AC/DC conversion process ensures that charging of the electrical vehicle occurs within the confines of the electrical vehicle itself. Electrical vehicle manufacturers state that, in the case of a 3-phase charger, DC current leakage can occur. The same phenomenon is replicated in the case of a single-phase charger with boost stage.
The electrical vehicle cannot be fully isolated and therefore a proper protection against DC residual current is needed in the system. The protection can be accomplished either with a 6mA detection device (Residual direct current detecting device, RDC-DD) inside the charger or with a Type B RCD either inside the panel board or inside the charger itself.